The Indian Hair Care 💇♀️ and Styling Products Market size is expected to grow from USD 5,382.41 million in 2023 to USD 8,205.80 million by 2028, at a CAGR of 8.80% during the forecast period (2023-2028)- Mordor intelligence.
Even though India is as diversified in terms of hair types & textures- straight, wavy, curly and coily. But the conversations around hair product inclusivity is not widespread as compared to fashion, skincare & makeup.
Having said that, in recent times a lot of disruptions have happened in various segments of the hair care & styling market. Following are few emerging trends in space;
1) Hair extensions- Once upon a time the use cases for hair extensions were limited to bridal market & entertainment industry, but now hair extensions have more recurring usage such as enhancing hair volume, hiding bald spots, adding bangs etc. Some of the well known players in this space are HairOriginals which have raised $1.25M from the likes of Anicut Capital LLP & Let’s Venture & they’re known for their natural hair extension. There are other players in this sub-segment such as Shark Tank India featured Nish Hair etc.
2) Temporary and vegan hair colors: Gen Zs & young shoppers are known to use fashion as a medium to express their unique selves. Similarly hair color has also become a medium for younger people to express themselves & to stand out. Shark Tank featured Paradyes has been dominating this space with their great content & color bombs.
3) Curly hair care products: Hair is as diverse as body & skin types and each hair type requires their own set of care products. Brands such as Arata backed by DSG Consumer Partners, Fix my curl & Hair botanicals are catering people with curly hair.
4) Build your Bundle (BYB): Brands like Arata are allowing consumers to build their own bundles as per their needs & issues. Other brands are selling curated haircare product bundles.
5) Natural and fresh hair products: NatHabit, a Fireside Ventures backed company is the market leader in this space with numerous hair packs and freshly made hair oil with very unique packaging. As consumers have busier schedules, DIYing hair masks or hair routine has become time consuming, brands like Nathabit are solving for customers who are incline to natural